Bible studies for kids are a great way to encourage and equip future generations to walk in truth.
I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth. – 3 John 1:4 NASB
The apostle John knew the importance of walking in the truth. This verse isn’t referring to his children specifically, but rather those with who he had shared the gospel and discipled in knowing Christ.
However, the principle is clear. We find great joy in watching others walk in the truth in God’s word.
This is not something that happens passively. If we want the kids in our lives to walk in truth they first need to know it.
When we consider Bible studies for kids there are some other important questions we need to ask ourselves.
- What are some good Bible lessons for kids?
- How do I start my kids in Bible study?
- What is a good children’s Bible?
Below you will find some helpful tips and resources to help you teach the Bible to kids.
This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure for more details.
How Do I Start Teaching My Kids Bible Study?
There are some simple and very practical things that we can do as moms, grandmas, teachers, and friends to teach the Bible to our kids.
Study the Bible for Yourself
Before you can teach the Bible to others, you must first be in the word for yourself. I find it very helpful to have a plan for Bible study. Use a Bible study guide or Bible reading plan to help you stay in God’s word every day.
One of the best, and easiest, ways to teach kids the Bible is to simply share what the Lord is teaching you! If you are staying in God’s word each day, He will speak to you. Ask Him to show you some things that you can pass along to the kiddos in your life.
Let Them See You Enjoying God’s Word
For the longest time, I thought my Bible study time was best spent in silence.
Then, I became a mom.
My options became to either have my Bible study time in the midst of dirty diapers, snotty noses, cuddles, and snuggles or to just not do Bible study at all.
I had to get to the point where I was content with having my quiet time with surrounding chaos. And God gave me so much grace. I also learned the importance of my kids seeing their mama spend time with Jesus. I hope and pray that this is a memory that sticks with them for a lifetime.
What Are The Best Bible Studies for Kids?
Another great way to pass along the desire for Bible study to your kids is by using some of the multiple online Bible studies for kids available. You can find some free and fun Bible lessons for kids at any age.
Bible Lessons for 6-8 Year Olds
Here are a few Bible study resources that are geared towards younger kids, 6-8 years old.
- Fruit of the Spirit Coloring Pages – Bible Study Printables has some great resources for helping you to teach your kids about the fruit of the Spirit.
- Kids World – Has some great devotional type stories for kids that teach Biblical principles. Each story has a quick quiz at the end.
- How Great is Our God – Is a great devotional book for kids that has 100 devotions about God and science.
- I AM – This devotional book helps kids discover how they can know the Lord in deeper ways as they learn the many different names of God
- Teach Sunday School – Has some great BIble verse coloring pages for kids.
Bible Lessons for 8-10 Year Olds
Here are some Bible studies for kids who are able to work a little bit more independently.
- Quiet Time Bible Study – Not Consumed has a great bible study for kids that teaches them how to have a quiet time. This is such an important discipline to teach our kids during this time in their life.
- A Content Heart – This is another from Not Consumed that teaches kids how to find contentment with themselves, their circumstances, and their worldly possessions.
- Write a Verse a Day – This copywork calendar gives a new verse each day for kids to copy. Each month covers a new topic. Your kids can practice hiding God’s Word in their hearts while also practicing their handwriting.
- Inductive Bible Studies for Kids – Precept Ministries has some great studies for kids that teaching them the basics of using the inductive Bible study method.
Bible Lessons for 10-12 Year Olds
Here are some great Bible studies for youth and younger teenagers.
- Free Bible Games – The youth and teenagers I know all love to play games when they get together. Here is a great list of free Bible games.
- And the Bride Wore White – This is a great book that encourages young women to embrace a life of purity.
- True Girl – I love this ministry! True girl has some great Bible studies for tween girls and moms to do together.
- Lifeway – Has some great Bible studies for teenagers.
Best Bibles for Children
Here are a few different children’s Bibles for different ages.
Bibles for Toddlers
- The Big Picture Story Bible – This Bible presents the Bible stories with simple words and beautiful illustrations.
- The Beginner’s Bible – This has been a favorite in our home with all my children. You can also find corresponding videos on Youtube.
Bibles for Kids
- Adventure Bible – This is a great choice for kids who are beginning to read independently. Features include: Color maps, book introductions, life in Bible times, hands-on activities to help apply Biblical principles.
- The Action Bible – This Bible presents 215 fast-paced narratives in chronological order, making it easier to follow the Bible’s historical flow.
Study Bibles for Youth
- Lifeway has some great options of Study Bibles for youth and students.
- CBS Defend Your Faith Study Bible – This Bible introduces apologetics to kids and equips them to understand what they believe, why they believe it, and how to defend it.
More Bible Study Resources for Kids
Here are more great resources for Bible studies for kids. Find some fun devotions, scriptures to memorize, and Bible games.
- The Bible Project for Kids
- 52 Bible Verses for Kids to Memorize
- Fun Devotions for Youth
- Bible Bingo for Kids
Related Posts and Resources: