Do you have a morning routine?
Morning routines are so essential. The way you start your morning sets you up for the rest of your day. Having a morning routine helps you feel at peace, grounded, and calm.
So, what’s the best way to start off your morning? With the Bible of course! Here’s how to start the day with God using inspirational morning verses.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for more details.
How Do I Start My Day With God?
Starting the day in God’s word starts your day right. I’ve noticed that when I start my day off with God, I tend to be more aligned with God’s will in my life. As a result, I’m a more content, peaceful, calm, and grounded person. When we start our day in the word of God and with morning prayer, it sets the perfect peace of God as a guard around our hearts and minds. It helps us to lean on God’s truth instead of our own understanding, especially during times of trouble and trial.
There are practical ways to start your day with God. Set a time, place, and gather the things you need to be successful. As someone once said, “a goal without a plan is just a wish”. Make a plan and execute the plan.
Morning Verses to Start the Day
Starting each new day with early morning Bible verses is so important. It starts your day off right! It helps us to seek first the kingdom of God.
Here are some good morning Bible verses to start your day.
Bible Verses to Pray Over Yourself and Your Family
Praying over yourself and your family is crucial. It’s important to remember the roles the Bible lays out for us within the family. By being obedient and praying these things, you’ll start to see God move through the power of the Holy Spirit in ways you never thought imaginable.
Here are some Bible verses to pray over yourself and your family:
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 – “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” (NIV).
- Ephesians 5:25 – “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” (NIV).
- Ephesians 5:28 – “So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.” (NIV).
- Ephesians 5:22 – “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.” (NIV).
Bible Verses to Meditate on in the Morning
Get the Free Bible Reading Plans
I love the morning. I’m definitely more of a morning person than I am a night person. I feel most productive in the morning and I feel like the way you start your day sets the tone for the rest of the day.
Here are some Bible verses to meditate on in the morning:
- Psalm 5:3 – “In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.”
- Lamentations 3:22-23 – “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (ESV).
- Psalm 30:5 – “For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.” (NIV).
- Isaiah 50:4 – “The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.” (NIV).
Bible Verses to Pray Over Your Life
There’s so much to learn from the Bible. First thing, the Bible gives us instructions on how to live out our lives and be Christ-followers.
Here are some Bible verses to pray over your life each morning that give us a reminder of God and His great love for us:
- Ephesians 3:16-19 – “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” (NIV).
- Romans 8:1-2 – “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.” (NIV).
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 – “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (NIV).
- Psalm 27:4 – One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of my distress, He will hide me in His shelter…
- Lamentations 3:23 – The Lord’s mercies are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
Bible Verses to Meditate on for Spiritual Growth
Spiritual growth is a sign that we’re maturing in the faith. As a Christian, you don’t want to stay stagnant. You want to grow and mature. This happens over time.
Here are some morning scriptures to start your day that speaks of spiritual growth:
- 2 Peter 3:18 – “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.” (ESV).
- Philippians 1:6 – “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” (ESV).
- Galatians 5:22-23 – “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” (ESV).
- Psalm 19:14 – May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, LORD, my rock and my Redeemer. (NASB)
- Psalm 130:6 – My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. (NIV)
Bible Verses to Pray Over Your Friendships
Friendships are precious. You can’t walk this life alone, let alone your Christian walk. We’re meant to do this together for the glory of the Lord. God wants us to have sweet friendships and fellowship.
Here are some Bible verses to pray over your friendships:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 – “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” (NIV).
- Colossians 3:13 – “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (NIV).
- Ecclesiastes 4:10 – “If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.” (NIV).
Bible Verses to Meditate on God’s Love
God’s love is perfect. It’s the best love you could ever experience. God is love. Sometimes, we know this intellectually but we don’t feel it. We have doubts. Meditating on the Lord’s great love outlined in the Word is a great way to be more aligned with this truth.
Here are some Bible verses to meditate on God’s love:
- John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (NIV).
- 1 John 4:7-8 – “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” (NIV).
- Romans 5:8 – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (NIV).
I hope this gives you ideas on how to incorporate Bible verses to start off your morning. Bible Apps also include features like the verse of the day. You can meditate or pray upon these verses as well.
Printable Morning Verses to Start Your Day
Get a free printable version of these verses in PDF format. Keep this in your prayer journal or Bible study notebook for quick and easy reference to all these great scriptures.
Related Posts and Resources:
- Develop the Habit of Reading the Bible Daily
- Effective Ways to Start Your Day With God
- Bible Study Printables
- Bible Studies for Women
- Best Bibles for Women
- Bible Verses About New Beginning
- Free Bible Study Worksheets
- Not All Mustard Seeds Move Mountains
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for more details.
Meet the Author
Allie is a Christian blogger at By Allie, For You where she writes about prayer, Christian living, apologetics, and bible study for new believers. She has a passion for Christ and hopes to inspire people to action through her writing.