Welcome to Megan Allen Ministries https://meganallenministries.com. We understand that privacy online is important to users of Megan Allen Ministries. This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to those users who visit without transacting business and Customers who register to transact business and make use of the various services offered by Megan Allen Ministries.
“Personally Identifiable Information” refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains, including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, social security, banking, and credit card information. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is collected anonymously (that is, without identification of the individual user) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual.
What Personally Identifiable Information does Megan Allen Ministries collect?
We may collect basic user profile information from all of our Visitors. We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features to improve our website in order to better serve you, to quickly process your transactions, and to send you periodic emails regarding orders, new blog posts, and other marketing communications.
What organizations are collecting the information?
In addition to our direct collection of information, our third party service vendors (such as banks and credit card companies) who may provide such services as banking and credit card information may collect this information from our Authorized Customers. We do not control how these third parties use such information, but we do ask them to disclose how they use personal information provided to them from Authorized Customers. Some of these third parties may be intermediaries that act solely as links in the distribution chain, and do not store, retain, or use the information given to them.
How does Megan Allen Ministries use Personally Identifiable Information?
We use Personally Identifiable Information to customize meganallenministries.com, to make appropriate service offerings, and to fulfill buying and selling requests on meganallenministries.com. We may email Visitors and Authorized Customers about research or purchase and selling opportunities on meganallenministries.com or information related to the subject matter of Megan Allen Ministries. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to contact Visitors and Authorized Customers in response to specific inquiries or to provide requested information.
With whom may the information may be shared?
We may share aggregated information about our Visitors, including the demographics of our Visitors and Authorized Customers, with our affiliated agencies and third party vendors. We also offer the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving information or being contacted by us or by any agency acting on our behalf.
How is Personally Identifiable Information stored?
Personally Identifiable Information collected by Megan Allen Ministries is securely stored and is not accessible to third parties or employees of Megan Allen Ministries except for use as indicated above.
What choices are available to Visitors regarding collection, use, and distribution of the information?
Visitors and Authorized Customers may opt out of receiving unsolicited information from or being contacted by us and/or our vendors and affiliated agencies by responding to emails as instructed, or email request to megan(at)meganallenministries(dot)com.
How do we protect your information?
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We use regular Malware Scanning from our web hosting service.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secured Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Are Cookies Used on the Site?
How does Megan Allen Ministries use login information?
Megan Allen Ministries uses login information, including, but not limited to, IP addresses, ISPs, and browser types, to analyze trends, administer the Site, track a user’s movement and use, and gather broad demographic information.
What partners or service providers have access to Personally Identifiable Information from Visitors and/or Authorized Customers on the Site?
- Social Sharing – Social Sharing buttons are provided by plugins operated and managed by a third-party. If you click on one of the social sharing buttons, certain PII may be stored by the service operating that plugin in accordance with their terms of service and use.
How does the Site keep Personally Identifiable Information secure?
All of our employees are familiar with our security policy and practices. The Personally Identifiable Information of our Visitors and Authorized Customers is only accessible to a limited number of qualified employees who are given a password in order to gain access to the information. We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. Sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, is protected by encryption protocols, in place to protect information sent over the Internet. While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to Visitors or Authorized Customers for any such occurrences.
How can Visitors correct any inaccuracies in Personally Identifiable Information?
Visitors and Authorized Customers may contact us to update Personally Identifiable Information about them or to correct any inaccuracies by emailing us at megan(at)meganallenministries(dot)com.
Can a Visitor delete or deactivate Personally Identifiable Information collected by the Site?
We provide Visitors and Authorized Customers with a mechanism to delete/deactivate Personally Identifiable Information from the Site’s database by contacting megan(at)meganallenministries(dot)com. However, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to delete a Visitor’s entry without retaining some residual information. An individual who requests to have Personally Identifiable Information deactivated will have this information functionally deleted, and we will not sell, transfer, or use Personally Identifiable Information relating to that individual in any way moving forward.
Third Party Links:
https://meganallenministries.com contains links to other web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another web site. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- Opting Out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to your using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Via email, if you are subscribed to our email list
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging into your account and making the changes
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old. the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via on-site notification within one business day and via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped by being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product/service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe easily via a link at the bottom of each email.
Megan Allen Ministries
9169 W State St #1112
Garden City ID 83714
megan (at) meganallenministries (dot) com
Last Updated: November 26, 2021